Accelerating and Scaling Healthcare Innovation
Building the future of Digital Health Together
Success through innovation
Key stakeholders in the greater Hartford region are working to create a well-recognized and differentiated ecosystem that supports emerging innovative technologies that create transformative patient experiences, improve outcomes, and deliver care more efficiently and cost effectively.
Together, members of Hartford’s emerging MedTech Innovation District initiative are committed to accelerating innovation and supporting economic development in the greater Hartford community through a MedTech Accelerator focused on Digital Health.
Digital Health CT is an accelerator that leans on the expertise and leadership of Startupbootcamp and their network, to provide entrepreneurs and startups with a place to experiment and test their technology in a real-world integrated delivery care setting. We are linking entrepreneurs with the Hartford’s robust ecosystem of clinical providers, payers, and academic and research institutions, including our program partners:
If you are interested in joining Digital Health CT as a program partner, please contact us at email@example.com
Our Scouting & Selection Process Explained
We travel to the top startup & healthcare ecosystems around the world, supported by industry experts and partners in each city.
After a meticulous selection and interview process, we narrow the hundreds of applications to just 20 startups, and will invite them to attend our Selection Days in Hartford, Connecticut.
The Accelerator will:
- Nurture entrepreneurs: Identify, attract, nurture and retain entrepreneurs in the Digital Health arena relevant to the partners’ core business and innovation goals.
Catalyze innovation in healthcare: Provide partner firms with the opportunity to experiment with new technologies to increase efficiency and efficacy of service and care.
Connect new talent to growing firms: Build networks of students and faculty from the University of Connecticut and Trinity College that are interested in learning about digital health technologies, and provide opportunities for them to help shape and contribute to company growth.
- Digital Health CT offers myriad of growth and learning opportunities for health care providers, health insurers, and other corporate entities with an interest in digital health, who want to support a thriving entrepreneurship ecosystem in the City of Hartford and on the East Coast.
- As a sponsor, you will be able to explore promising opportunities by gaining access to a global pool of early and late stage digital health startups.
- You will benefit directly from our innovation initiatives, aimed at assisting you with your particular pain points.
- Be part of this exciting initiative by contacting us today!
- 1 accelerator per year, with 10 startups in each cycle
- Startups with a working prototype, initial customer validation, and a compelling digital health use case are invited to apply
- Startups will receive 3 months of free office space
- 3-month intensive program based in Hartford and an additional 2 months to work on projects with healthcare leaders
- Access to the Startupbootcamp global mentors and investors network with deep field experience and expertise
Themes that we’re looking to explore in the program
1. Advanced Analytics
Applying machine learning and advanced predictive and prescriptive analytic frameworks to clinical and operational transformational opportunities
2. Virtual Care
Providing a consumer-centric experience to deliver care more conveniently and to distribute scarce resources more efficiently. These opportunities will be centered on the remote provision of healthcare using telehealth and supportive IoT technologies. This includes care at home, tele-intensive care unit, and “hub and spoke” connectivity.
3. Home-Based Care
Reengineering consumer-focused healthcare delivery by applying biometric device integration, wellness indicators and virtual health – integrated into HHC’s system-wide Epic EHR.
Pressure-testing medical device MVPs through HHC’s CESI
Using Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and other technology enablers to improve efficiency, productivity and throughput. Automation has strong potential to reduce waste and costs in a healthcare system.
6. Precision Medicine
Leveraging analytics and genomics in the development of personalized care pathways for patients. The initial driver of this work will be the HHC Cancer Institute, but other Institutes including Heart and Vascular and Neurosciences also require these developing capabilities.